1. During WWII, because a lot of players were called to duty, the Pittsburgh Steelers and Philadelphia Eagles combined to become The Steagles.
2. In one night, an adult hippopotamus eats approximately 150 pounds of grass. (Do they only eat at night? I'm confused.)
3. Istanbul, Turkey is the only city in the world located on two continents.
4. The Flintstones cartoon was the first thirty-minute cartoon to be aired during prime time. (I loved the Flintstones. But possibly loved the Jetsons more.)
5. After chocolate and vanilla, orange is considered the world's most favorite flavor.
10 years ago
4 comments:
Remind me to tell you a story about the hippopotamuses at the zoo when I was a kid(is that the plural??? or is it hippopottomi????? HA!)
I would've thought strawberry would've been the 3rd favorite flavor.....hmmmmm...
I would have thought strawberry too...however, I would put strawberry second and vanilla third.
I too was shocked by orange ranking in as numero 3. Very interesting...
Okay Katie!! I'm ready for the next week's facts!
Post a Comment