Okay, so I've had a little issue with one of my toes (right foot, second digit) since back in November (I think...I really can't remember how long it's been there exactly). However, whenever it was, my second toe was really itchy. I was unsure of what it was exactly, but I put some cortisone on it, and just forgot about it. Well, it finally quit itching (or at least I thought), but I noticed that it looked like a raised red bump right over the joint. It almost looked like when you get a blister except it was not clear/fluid filled or soft. It was red and hard. So over Christmas break I showed my dad and mom and they asked me if I had been bitten by anything? As far as I know, I don't remember getting a bite, but who knows? Well, that was about 2 weeks ago, and since then it has gotten bigger/more swollen/and now it actually hurts a little. And of course, when I thought I was itch free, the other night it was driving me crazy!!! It hasn't been itching since Sunday night, but it's still red, swollen, and slightly painful. I decided to self-diagnose myself via webmd today at work. The closest thing I could find was a boil. I asked around the office to see if anyone had ever had a boil or knew anything about them, but all responses were "no." Most of the signs meet the diagnosis of a boil, except for the itching so that's throwing me for a loop. I don't think it's athlete's foot, ringworm, etc. I have had ringworm (in high school) and itched constantly! The home remedy (assuming it is a boil) is to clean it twice a day as well as apply a moist, hot towel to eventually soften the skin so the boil will "open up." Well, first of all it says to do this remedy right when you first notice it (so I'm almost 2 months behind), as well as 4-5 times a day (who has time for that!). SOOO, I have no idea what it really is, thus I may have to go to the doctor. That makes me irritated because I really don't want to have to pay a $30 copay for the doc to look at my nasty toe....but then again, I also don't want my toe to rot off!!!! But here's a lovely picture of my nasty, jacked up toe (it's the best pic I could get of it. I know it looks similar to a blister, but it's not. Plus, if I could get a side view shot, you'd see how swollen it is)......any thoughts as to what it may be????? Why don't you all guess and then when I go to the doctor I'll let you know who had the best or correct diagnosis! What a fun/weird/gross game this will be :)
10 years ago
8 comments:
I think it may be from a bite from a giant cootie. But where would you have picked up a cootie?
No, seriously, I think it is definitely from a bite--possibly a spider bite. Probably harmless.
katie, katie, katie....i have no idea but please never ask me to inspect it in person. i HATE feet!!!
katie, katie, katie....i have no idea but please never ask me to inspect it in person. i HATE feet!!!
Katie....I must say....I have no idea! AND that was a funny post!
Katie,
Last year while I was in Springfield, John Michael had a spot similar to that on his leg. I thought it was a boil but it was so sore he wouldn't let me touch it. I finally broke down and took him to the doctor while we were there and the doctor said it was a spider bite. Then I had Clint look at it at the reunion and he said it was a staph infection. He gave him medicine to treat it and that cleared it up. Be careful with it if it persists! You may have to break down and pay the $30.!
Love,
Robyn
Scarlett - did you really say that Katie has cooties?!?
Ha!
Looks like it could be staph, but does staph itch? I also thought that maybe you have a leftover seed tick. HA Sorry to bring that up! Keep us posted, so that we'll know the diagnosis.
Love,
Aunt Frances
Ewwwww! Just kidding, absolutely nothing grosses me out in my line of work. Looks painful though. Staph has been bad this year. We've seen a lot of it at the office, I'd probably get it checked just to be sure. That can be really dangerous. Hope you get some itch relief!
Post a Comment