So I just want to start out by saying that the people I have met and the friendships I have made in AL are amazing. I have been blessed beyond measure!!! I very easily could have moved to AL last summer and been 100% miserable, but because of the wonderful people I know in Florence, I have been crying today and overwhelmed with nostalgia. So this post is for the people I love and know in good ol' Flo-town, Alabama. Here's to you!!!
What I will miss...(aside from each of you!)
-CrossPoint (nothing like it!)
-hearing the Tone Rangers at Peak (you guys are wonderful!)
-Sonseeker class! (do you guys want to move to Missouri?)
-Ricatonis (yum!)
-my own place
-Diebert Park
-driving over the O'Neil Bridge and looking at the pretty TN River
-everything will always be a Coke here...."do you want a Coke?" Me: "Sure!" You guys: "What kind?" :)
-the sweetest tea you can imagine at every restaurant (though I would limit myself to having it only on special occasions)
-Shoals Creek...its just pretty to me when you drive over the bridge
-having a Target, Petco, mall, restaurants (aside from fast food) within a 2-3 minute drive...back home, these amenities will be about 45-50 minutes away :(
-living in the state where there are actual Robert Trent Jones golf courses...I say this b/c back in Missouri, there are commercials all the time about visiting AL and playing golf at a Robert Trent Jones course. Not that I have played there, but that it's just kind of random to me when I think about all the commercials I used to see before I moved here.
-eating at all the local places and trying them all out...you know Jen's Cafe (ha!), Sweet Basil (yum!), Victorian Tea Room, etc.
-Books A Million dates with Amy B....how will catching up on celebrity gossip ever be the same without you???
-baseball talk/banter with my previous co-worker Ben Kachelman...the Cards will always be #1...and Zambrano will always be my least favorite pitcher :) Cards=Great, Cubs=Bad
-being asked the ultimate end all, be all question..."Who you for?!" Well, after several months of being an AL resident, I have made a choice between Alabama and Auburn. For all of you who asked me this question repeatedly, my answer is....
Gotcha...I still don't really care who wins between the two...how about a War Tide or a Crimson Eagle maybe???
Funny/Fun Moments to Me:
-almost losing my front teeth while tubing with Magen Medley on Shoals Creek....Lee was driving, Magen and I hit each other...ouch!
-Melodie's dance moves...I wish now I would have "you tubed" you. Beyonce ain't got nothing on you :)
-the recent shake ya face extravaganza (Will is by far the champ!)
-stopping by Mars Hill one day to say hey to Amy B., and I ended up going into Brooklyn's room and taking a timed 100 multiplication facts test with her kiddos...loved it and wish I would have gone back to do it again before school got out!!!
-the few "set up" dates I went on while I was here....classic!
-the first time I heard little Bonnie Thompson's voice...one of the highest pitched voices ever, but yet one of the sweetest, cutest voice ever as well (Secret Handshake Bonnie girl!).
-getting covered with ticks last August while hiking at Bankhead...what was I thinking?!
-the day I moved to AL...I locked my dog in my car in the pouring down rain...I was wondering at the time if it was a sign...but it wasn't :)
-road trippin with Amy Camille........Mimi's Cafe, coaxing me into wearing a facial mask (still not a fan!), shopping, and laughing......loved it!
-Scarlett's Britney Spears impressions....oh baby baby!
-Upward soccer...didn't know much, but being a referee was quite fun!
-Saturday football games/hangouts...
-learning to play Nertz (and it has become one of my favorite card games)
-and Kimberly having to count my points after each round of Nertz :) "Hands up and don't touch your cards." ha!
-the Sunday lunches with Magen and Lee...you both have wonderful families!
-and at one of the Sunday lunches with Lee and Magen, I had my first encounter with chicken stew. It's good...not bad at all!
-McDonald's and Books A Million night with Henry Mann....he is one cute/sweet kid!!!
-my tour of AL driving to Enterprise/Dothan........B'ham is pretty, Montgomery not so much, there a GREAT shoe store south of Montgomery (Sykes and Kohn or something?), Dothan has a cool drive in movie theater, and AL is kind of a big state...it takes quite a while to drive from north to almost at the AL/FL border.
-some of you will remember this...."These are really good green beans." Waitress, "Thanks." "How do you cook them or what do you do to them?" Waitress (said in a very twangy accent), "We cook the fire out of em." Hysterical laughing followed.
-Monday night Bachelor viewings......though I have boycotted it since then, every Monday was on the edge of our seats Amy!!! I'm sure my boycott will cycle back though, and I'll eventually get sucked back in :)
-the Space Center (solidified why I never ever ever wanted to be a astronaut...but it was cool nonetheless).
-puking all over myself enroute to AL from Missouri back in November. Gross, but kind of makes me laugh now.
-the surprise going away party
-BASICALLY....everyone I've met, built relationships with, worked with, friendships, etc. have impacted me greatly and I have been 100% blessed by each of you. I LOVE YOU ALL WITH ALL MY HEART!!!
And no worries....I'll be back to visit :)
10 years ago
6 comments:
do you think we could get in a fight really quick so i wouldn't care that you're leaving? because i'm just sad...and i don't like it.
Ah Yes.......Jen's Cafe: a must visit exquisite restaurant of downtown Florence.....NOT! YUCK!!!!
I will miss you terribly! Yeah, Amy.....let's have a big fight with Katie and send her on her way never looking back.....:( nah...that wouldn't work.
Katie--you call any time and I'll let you talk to Bonnie on the phone. I've been told she's really hard to understand on the phone, but you can try! :) Love you!
I'll never live Jen's down will I? I loved reading all your memories. I laughed hard at the thought of several of them. We will miss you so much! The only thing getting me through is the promise that you're coming back and the hope of a 2010 road trip! That seems so far away!! Email often!
We will miss you Katie!! You better come back and visit and not just be telling us that you are!
I laughed so hard at the "we just cook the fire out of em" comment. I really wish there was a way to spell "fire" the way she said it, somthing more like "fer". Katie, you are going to be so missed! I loved reading all your memories. I am glad Henry made the list. He asks about "Katie and Maggie" all the time. As far as chicken stew goes, it is apprently native to only North Alabama, because jack had never heard of chicken stew before he came to this area as well. So you were very lucky to have been able to get some. Cant wait until you can come back to visit. I hope your house sells quickly, and we get to see you really soon!
You will definitely be missed Katie! Hope you can enjoy more time with your family now. Come back to visit!
Post a Comment