As the title suggests, this was supposed to have been posted back in June...oops...ENJOY!

The last weekend in May, mom and I made a trip to Springfield to visit family. It was great visiting and catching up with aunts, uncles and cousins. Plus a day of shopping is always a bonus! We also visited my MawMaw and PawPaw's grave. There's not a day that goes by that I don't think of my wonderful grandparents. They were the best grandparents that you could imagine....love their entire family and made each of their 13 grandchildren feel so special. What I learned from them and I hope to always remember is the importance of God, family, and education. No matter how big or small, family is what matters and having God in your life is a must. Also, no one can take your education away from you (maybe that's why I won't stop going....I want to have as much as possible-ha!). Anyway, they were wonderful grandparents and I love and miss them dearly.


Finally and very super exciting........my brother and sister-in-law found out the sex of their baby. David and Jennifer are having a BOY!!!!! I'm so excited. I had a gut feeling that it was a girl, but I was obviously way off. Jennifer said the Chinese calendar predicted a boy, so I guess the Chinese are like the the new Miss Cleo and have great insight :) We are all so thrilled!!! I know that baby boy Howard will be so loved and he will be getting one great set of parents. Yay for babies!!!
Well, that should do it for now. Maybe I'll come up with something great to say soon.
Hey friends....just thought I'd give you a recap of what has been going on...
April was busy with the start of my several new jobs. I began my day a half at Wally World in early April, and I continued with my work at Jennifer's office (2 half days/wk) and with Southeast Missouri Health Network (1 day or half day/wk...depends on the clinic). Since then and so far everything has been going very well. I like the change of pace that each place brings and everything seems to be working out as it should :)
Hmmm, what else.....oh, we celebrated a few times in May for my sister-in-law's birthday and a Mother's Day BBQ party for my mom and both sister-in-laws, Bonnie and Jennifer. Both were great family get togethers as we honored Bonnie for her birthday (31 years!!!), and then she, my mom, and soon to be mom, Jennifer for their mommy duties. I'm super blessed to have a wonderful mom that loves me unconditionally and has given me a wealth of knowledge about life. Plus, she and my dad are letting me crash their pad right now rent free so I'm super obliged! Also, I have wonderful sister-in-laws (actually sisters to me) that are and will be excellent mothers to my niece and nephews (soon to add another nephew...more later in this post!).
The first weekend in May, Matt and I went to St. Louis for the weekend. I had surprised him with Cards tickets back in February for Valentine's Day so we went to see the Cards play the Reds. It was beautiful weather. We enjoyed a weekend of excellent Italian food on The Hill, a good visit with a few of Matt's friends, a morning of paddle boating at Forest Park and a great Sunday afternoon of baseball. Thankfully (unlike how it's been lately), our Cardinals won. GO CARDS!
The last weekend in May, mom and I made a trip to Springfield to visit family. It was great visiting and catching up with aunts, uncles and cousins. Plus a day of shopping is always a bonus! We also visited my MawMaw and PawPaw's grave. There's not a day that goes by that I don't think of my wonderful grandparents. They were the best grandparents that you could imagine....love their entire family and made each of their 13 grandchildren feel so special. What I learned from them and I hope to always remember is the importance of God, family, and education. No matter how big or small, family is what matters and having God in your life is a must. Also, no one can take your education away from you (maybe that's why I won't stop going....I want to have as much as possible-ha!). Anyway, they were wonderful grandparents and I love and miss them dearly.
Other news...June now.....last week I went to visit my friends in Alabama. It was a great visit (very hot!), and so great to see my buddies. I got to see my friend's new house, and I got to spend fun times catching up with all my peeps (plus I got a much needed pedicure...finally!). It was so nice and amazing to see how big everyone's kids have gotten (Miracle Gro maybe?). They're all so precious. Hopefully I'll be able to make a trip back down this fall and maybe bring the boy with me. Here are a few pictures from the visit. Good times.
Finally and very super exciting........my brother and sister-in-law found out the sex of their baby. David and Jennifer are having a BOY!!!!! I'm so excited. I had a gut feeling that it was a girl, but I was obviously way off. Jennifer said the Chinese calendar predicted a boy, so I guess the Chinese are like the the new Miss Cleo and have great insight :) We are all so thrilled!!! I know that baby boy Howard will be so loved and he will be getting one great set of parents. Yay for babies!!!
Well, that should do it for now. Maybe I'll come up with something great to say soon.
1 comment:
miss your face. love you!
Post a Comment