Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Miss Independent

Well, after a few requests, I decided to set up a blog to chart, record, and tell of the happenings in the new adventure I am about to begin. So tomorrow, July 31st, I officially am 100% an independent grown up. Yeah, yeah, yeah...you're thinking, "Umm, Katie you're 24, you've just completed professional school, and haven't lived at home (except for breaks) in 6 years." I know I know, but this is different. I'm moving to a new state, to a town where I only know a handful of people, bearing the title "Dr." and I just bought a house...all a BIG deal...point being...I'm officially 100% an independent grown up. It feels great, scary, nerve-racking, exciting, and liberating all at the same time. All expected emotions I'm sure. Anyway, tomorrow is the move where I will make the 4 1/2 hour trek south of D-Mo, with my car so full it could pop, my mom trailing behind me with her vehicle crammed full (hey, I'm a girl...it's allowed), and my new addition, my puppy Maggie, riding in her kennel right beside me. If you would have asked me 6 years ago if I would be moving to AL, I would have laughed and said you were crazy. But it just shows that you never know what is in store in your future. I had initially planned on good ol' Nashville, TN, but even my planned out decision backfired. God has different things in store for me and I am so very excited to see what he has planned. Now, of course, there are major things I will miss about my beloved southeast MO. Mostly my fam....parentals, wonderful big brothers, incredible sis-in-laws, and the best niece and nephew in the world.....I'm very conditioned to seeing them on a daily basis. However, I'm the one Howard that will live out of Stoddard Co., so I'll provide some different scenery on needed gettaways :)

So my book is still completely unwritten (as Natasha Bedingfield's song says), and this new beginning I am about to start will just add to it and fill up some more pages. However, though what's in store for me in my future and in my life is unknown, I do know that I am extremely blessed and I am living "The Sweet Life." :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kate, Glad to see you have begun a blog. Put some pictures of yourself in your new house and office and with your dog.
Love You,
Aunt Diana

Robyn said...

Katie,
I tried to leave a post yesterday but it didn't work. So I'll try again! I am so proud of you and all your accomplishments. You have so much excitement going on in your life right now...and I'm glad you started a blog so I can live vicariously through you!
Love,
Robyn

Anonymous said...

Katie,
So excited for you and very happy to be able to keep up with you on your blog. I never lived on my own, so I will also live vicariously through you. Enjoy your new house, new job, new puppy, new town...I know it will be GREAT!!!
Love,
Lana

Ashlee said...

Ok, the first page in this chapter of your life already has me waiting for what lies ahead. I can't wait to hear more!