Friday, August 15, 2008

Firsts

Wow!!! So this past week was a week of many firsts...my first official week in the "real world," my first official week of living by myself in my new state, AND most importantly my first official week to actually use my title of "doctor." And what are my thoughts now that it is over (I don't work on Fridays!)??? I AM SO HAPPY!!! What a great week of firsts! Things just seem to be falling into place very nicely, making the transition away from home and being by myself much easier. However, reading my sister in law's (Bonnie) blog got me a little misty eyed (but made me smile from ear to ear too) when I read about my nephew's new favorite things. He is really liking to wrestle right now she said, and he also likes it when Wes shoots his bow. The pictures were so cute and it made me miss home and seeing everybody every day. But, I did receive a envelope yesterday in the mail from my favorite person in the entire world...my niece, Kalee. She sent me two pictures that she and Jackson had colored each, both saying "To KK...We miss you." It made me smile and feel wonderful. She is my best little friend (or way cool buddy as I've called her since she was little), and she made my Thursday afternoon. I love that something so simple by a loving little person, can make you feel so special. Kalee is wonderful!

No comments: