Thursday, September 18, 2008

Off to the Show Me State


Basically I'm really bored at work today (not a patient on the schedule), I finished my MBA homework, and am now sitting in anticipation to leave to go HOME!!! I decided to write about my wonderful home and town. My birthday is on Saturday (I'm hitting the official "mid" 20s with the big 2-5), and it will be my first trip back to see my family since moving to Alabama on July 31st. I'M REALLY REALLY REALLY EXCITED!!! I am so happy to be from a small town...where I was raised to know that I could be anything I wanted to be, and my parents instilled in me that faith and love of God, family, and others is most important. I love the feeling of knowing everyone, the politeness of people, and ease of life. Highschool sports reign supreme there, with fans all out to support the one and only Bearcats. Others may see my hometown as boring, slow, ugly, country/redneck, etc., but Dexter is a special place, and I'll always love it. So here's what I think of when I think of home and my beloved D-MO:

Home is:
the cliche "where your heart is"...but SO true!
my wonderful family...all living basically on the same gravel road :)
my mom cooking her wonderful treats
my dad in his garden
beautiful rural farmland (fall's the best with the cotton)
where there is always listening ears, good advice, and honesty
my brother Wes singing and always telling me he loves me
Southeast Missouri pride!
flat...some say ugly, but I disagree...you can find beauty in most anything, even if it is flatland with no hills
my brother David being his ornery self but being my protector
my sis in law Bonnie being one of the best mother's I know
where "everybody knows your name"....dum dum dum
still below the Mason Dixon Line for those thinking it's north....we're still South....maybe not "deep" South, but let's say "mid" South
my sis in law Jennifer being my best friend
my niece Kalee being the coolest 10 year old and always making me feel special
my nephew Jackson....his smile, his innocence, and his sweet kisses
the Bearcats
sleeping in my old room and comfy bed
after church, Sunday lunch with the family
the Crossroads of Southeast Missouri.....seriously, trains come through town like every 15 minutes
great memories of growing up
tractors
the place I'll always be quick to share and discuss with anyone when they ask where I'm from
the one place I always want to go

I heart home :)


3 comments:

Will and Melodie said...

Aww, you almost sold me on moving to Dexter....just kidding. I'm from a small town too and I love it! I don't know many people there anymore but it is still home. I'm glad you are home now enjoying mama's home cooked dinner!

Ashlee said...

I want to live in Dexter, MO. What a sweet little note about your home!

Wes and Bonnie said...

Wow Kt you really love Big D. Just kidding, I do too.