Monday, September 22, 2008

SEMO Love at 25











So this past Saturday (9/20) was my 25th birthday. I spent the weekend at home and had a wonderful time. I love seeing family and eating my mom's excellent cooking so you can't beat SEMO love :) My brothers, sis-n-law, niece, and I took to two nights of intense card playing. Peanuts (or Nertz in AL) is pretty addictive and pretty intense. Arms flying and people yelling (at times)....fun times! I also got to see my niece play volleyball...she's a great player and I'm predicting future Bearcat allstar. As far as 25 goes, it feels no different than 24. The only perk with the number is your car insurance goes down I guess. However, 24 was a good year for me, so I'm expecting nothing less of 25 :) Here's a few pics from the weekend.

4 comments:

Will and Melodie said...

Oh, I'm so glad you had a good weekend with the fam! The pics are great! Kalee and Jackson are both very pretty! See you soon!

Callie said...

I can't believe that you lived with Ashley and I for a year and never learned how to play Nertz! I've never heard it called Peanuts, but I have heard it called Pounce, which is what we call it here. We love Pounce/Nertz/Peanuts. :-)

Katie said...

That is what you guys used to play! I had forgotten about that. Weird I never learned to play. Now I'm ready.

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Glad you got to go home for it! Sounds like lots of fun playing cards. We called it "pounce" too. Lana and I played it all the time growing up! So look out next reunion!
Love,
Robyn