Thursday, November 13, 2008

What's Happening...(for you Aunt Marilyn)

I was informed by my lovely mother that my Aunt Marilyn requested I blog about what's been going on in my life. According to my mom, she said the facts were interesting, but she wants to know what's happening. So this is for you Aunt Marilyn :)

I guess I've been in a "funny happening to me" draught, so that's why blogging about life in general has been non-existent.

Things in AL are going very well. I certainly cannot complain. I had no idea what God would have in store for me when I moved, but things are great so far. I feel very blessed to have met such great people and have made great friends. Church is wonderful and I just love everyone. Work is also going well too. My schedule has been a bit slow, but it's to be expected. I am considering a new advertisement to boost my patient base. We have a sign out front that says, "Walk Ins Welcome Today." I'm thinking about changing it and putting a disclaimer on it to read: "Walk-Ins Accepted Today: Must Be Between Ages 25-30, Male, and Handsome." Just a thought :)

My dog is growing like a weed!!! She's enroute to become the "horse" you and my mother said she would be. She's 5 mos old and about 40 lbs. However, (I may be jinxing myself by typing this), she has been so good and hasn't destroyed my house at all (as many said she would) so for that I am grateful. She finished her obedience training and graduated with honors (not really, but I'd like to think she was cum laude). She's not really a barker, but does this little "puff-bark" that sounds exactly like a puff noise (to me anyways). I'm glad that she doesn't bark but was wanting her to bark when it was needed (ie: if something was ever wrong/danger/etc.) Well, I was quite proud last night. Though it was my sweet neighbor, Mags barked at her b/c it was dark and she couldn't see who it was walking towards me. She's like my little protector (at least until she licks your hand and wags her tail...she doesn't stay intimidating for long!).

My house is coming quite along. I've made a lot of changes (paint, light fixtures updated, etc.). I'm excited about tiling my kitchen floor early next year sometime. I'm looking forward to decorating for Christmas. I'm gonna go all "Clark Griswald." Granted, it will be minus the trip out to the middle of nowhere to get a tree that's ridiculously large and I don't plan on driving my car under an 18 wheeler enroute to the Lions Club parking lot as Chevy Chase would, or I don't plan on putting Italian Twinkle lights all up and down my roof, but it will be fun nonetheless. However, my dad is coming to visit with my momma the second week in Dec, and he tends to be very Clark Griswald with exterior illumination, so he may feel like blinding my neighbors with Christmas lights on my house.

That's about as exciting as it gets as of late Aunt Marilyn. Come visit me in AL and we'll go to the movies. I've got a list I need to see :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That a way to go, Now I know what is taking place with Miss Katie. I have seen 3 movies lately. Firproof (good), Changeling ( too intense), The Story of Bees(very good). You know I'm ready for a movie anytime.

Julie Young said...

Thanks for the update Katie! I know that I see you all the time, but I still like to know what is going on in Katie world. We will work on the new sign outside the office!! :)

Kimberly said...

Now I want to see Christmas vacation. As soon as Thanksgiving is over, we need to get together to watch CV to kick the Christmas season off.

Will and Melodie said...

I'm all about helping with the sign! It could be a new "project"!! Ha! It was nice reading what is going on (even though I see you all the time)!

Anonymous said...

I loved the update, Katie! I miss you and am always excited to know what is happening in your section of the world. Keep the info coming!

Love,
Aunt Frances

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your update. And- thanks for thinking of Don on Veteran's Day.
Aunt Dana

Melea Connett said...

So good to hear from you! And I am glad you are doing so well! Let me know if you are ever in Atlanta! I would love to see you!