Thursday, December 11, 2008

Rah Rah Rah!!!

Okay...so this post is for Scarlett, Melodie, and Magen (and anyone else who may be surprised). Recently, a conversation beginning with making fun of how the Crimson Tide cheerleaders yell (Scarlett does a great impression, so ask if you want to hear it!), initiated the discussion of high school cheerleading. Melodie and Scarlett both did excellent displays (I wish I had some of Mel's moves on tape!) of some of their previous cheer moves from the "glory days" of high school. I chimed in with something that we used to do back at good ol' DHS, and a surprised Mel, Scarlett and Magen resulted. They were surprised that I was a high school cheerleader.....so here's proof girls!!! I actually have a scrapbook with several fold out pages, all displaying my cheer days. This picture is the only one I could find that someone I know posted on facebook, so I stole it for show on my blog. I think it was taken on senior night maybe. So yes girls.......I was a cheerleader.......actually a member of the 2000 Missouri State Champion Cheerleading squad.....but even more importantly........a Dexter Bearcat Cheerleader!!!! haha

3 comments:

Will and Melodie said...

Well, the proof is here! I finally believe it. Sorry I was so "shocked"!

Scarlett said...

Rah Rah Sis Boom Ba!! I'm glad you posted the picture so we could get a better idea of what you'd look like as a cheerleader! Great staged photo! HA! Just kidding! We believe you!

Julie Young said...

I can't believe that you were a cheerleader! I thought that you were smarter than that! HA! JK Melodie and Scarlett!! :)