So this past weekend I celebrated my 26th birthday (it was yesterday actually). Yes, 26 is not much different than 24 or 25. However, I do feel closer to 30 than I have ever been (not sure how I feel about that), but as usual my mom gave me some words of wisdom and that 20 years from now I'll look back and think about how young I was at 26. So true, mom. You tend to always be right about things like this :)
Anyway, it was a really fun weekend celebrating with friends and family. I went to an 80's themed birthday party and decided that I'm glad I was just a kid in the 80's. The maintenance and preparation to get ready in the 80's is way too time consuming. Not to mention the damage all of the Aqua Net and curling iron heat does to your hair.....sizzle sizzle sizzle, then sticky sticky sticky. It was an awful combination on the doo, but it looked pretty fabulous I must say. Plus, our costumes turned out to be pretty cute. So here's some pictures from the weekend. And yes, this is Matt for all of you wondering and wanting to know what he looks like.
11 comments:
you make a cute 80s girl. :) cute date, too.
I mean.....Katie, you are totally rockin' it out in the 80s get up! I'm impressed with your fashion skills! HA! I'm so glad you had a great birthday! Love ya and see you hopefully sooner than later! :)
Cute pics! So glad to see a pic of Mr. Mayberry! Glad you had a good birthday weekend! Can't wait to see you!!
Great pics!!!!Glad you had a good birthday:)
what fun pictures! you look great.
It's about time for you to blog again. Thanks for showing a pic of Matt. Good looking !! Aunt Marilyn
Katie...I love you in the 80's get up! Totally my era! Good looking date with an awesome name too, I might add! :)
The last post was from me! Forgot I was signed in under "anonymous"!
Love,
Robyn
Happy Belated BD, Katie! Sounds like you had a great one! I lived the 80's and I still miss my 80's curls. HA Big, fat hair! Might look really funny on a 60 year old.
Matt is very handsome! When do we all get to meet him?
Come for a visit soon!
Love,
Aunt Frances
I figured it was you Robyn when you said "awesome name" :) And Aunt Frances...hmm...I'll let you know when there's a chance for an upcoming meeting :) haha
HAppy late birthday! Better 26 than 36, right? I like the sound of 30 rather than 40! Y'all are cute! Guess it's official?
I was 26 when I started dating Kevin! AHH, good times!
;-)
JEnni
Post a Comment