Thursday, October 8, 2009

Smart Girls Do Dumbbells

So towards the end of July I read in a magazine about this book called "Smart Girls Do Dumbells." Yes, it's just me and I have an easy work schedule, but I was finding it difficult to get motivated on consistently working out. I run and walk fairly consistently, but I wasn't doing anything else. Plus, we have only one gym in the big ol' town of Dexter, and I'm not a member nor did I think I would use it much this time of year. SO...I got interested in this book, read some good reviews, and I ordered it. The book basically shows you 30 different exercises, provides 30 different schedules, that you can do in about 30 minutes. I thought that this would be perfect because I could now run/walk or whatever and then only have to devote 30 min or so of my day to weights for toning. So I gave it a try. And let me tell you...I think it's great!!! I started around the first week of August and I'm still continuing to do it. It's easy and I think I can tell a difference. Maybe nobody else can tell, but I can and that's really all I wanted and what mattered to me. I feel better and I think it's a good little program. Granted many of the exercises I already knew how to do, and someone can easily go online and get a exercise routine with many of the same exercises. But this book just frames it all so well and it's nice to just turn in the book and see what I'm going to do for that day. After my 30 days were up, I began to switch routines. One could easily just start back over, but I've switched things up to have more variation. Plus the book breaks down the weights into beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels so you can move up in difficulty when needed. SO, if you are wanting something quick, easy, and low cost....y'all should try it. Smart Girls Do Dumbbells!!!