Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Tis the Season

I'm a little overdue with posting, but that has become the norm I guess. Time to play catch up since my last post over Thanksgiving.

November ended with decorating for the holidays. I talked mom and dad into resorting back to our old ways with getting a real tree this year. Lowe's obliged us and we had a tree that smelled fresh and put us in the spirit.

Early in December, I made a trip to Memphis to visit my friends Meredith and Nick. I hadn't seen either of them in over a year, so we had a great time catching up. What I love about a best friend is that you can pick up right where you last left off with things no matter how long its been. That's the way it has always been with Mere. I love her and miss her...Florida and Missouri are way too far away :(

December seemed to get busier each week with Christmas parties, family get togethers, and work schedules. It was all great though and since it's one of my favorite times of the year, I tried to savor it as long as I could. The decorations, food....all were great. The icing on the cake would have been a white Christmas, and even though it didn't stick, I woke up Christmas morning to pretty snowflakes falling (we missed the big snow!). My niece and nephew tend to make the holiday even more fun because they get very excited about everything. So seeing them and their excitement about presents and Santa (Jackson was into it), just makes you feel great :)

As for the New Year....I have a few ideas of things I would like to accomplish this year. First of all, I will complete my Masters in Business Administration this year. I will be done in August, and I will officially never go back to school!!! (I think my parents are waiting to make sure it will be true, but I think I'll be good). I also am hoping to learn to sew this year. I was going to ask for my own sewing machine for Christmas but with work and my schoolwork I knew I'd be tempted to play with my machine and create, so I'm holding off until later in the year. I'm wanting to learn to sew lots of things, so stay tuned on how it all turns out. Another goal/idea I had is very random, but I'm hoping to improve my geography this year. Not U.S. geography (I have that down pretty good), but world geography. I'm a little rusty from way back when, so I'm hoping to brush up on countries, capital cities, and locations. Maybe I'll quiz you guys down the road?! ha! But mainly for 2010, I hope I continue on my journey with the blessings that make up my life....family, friends, good health, a job I love and am grateful for, a great country to live in, and everything in between. God has been so good to me and I aim to be a constant "thank you" to Him. I'm not sure what 2010 will bring exactly, but I am excited about the new year!

Here are a few pictures from Christmas...







.

No comments: