Monday, January 25, 2010

Things I Have Been Working On...

Well it's back in the saddle again...I began my first of four classes left for finishing my MBA. I was told that it is one of the hardest in the program (so excited), but so far into week 2, it's not so bad. I'm also enjoying it. Financial Management is the course, and so far it's been a good "refresher" from accounting and a slow introduction to finance. I'm interested in most all of these things and I'm hoping it will better equip me when I engage and enter the world of "business owner" with my sister-in-law one day. I'll let you know if I become smart enough to take on Donald Trump after all this :)

One of my random, but rather interesting goals (to me anyways) for 2010 is to brush up on my world geography. Yes, we all had geography in school at some point, and we all learned capitals, states, and countries. But honestly, if someone asked you where Paramaribo was would you automatically think, "Oh yeah...it's in Suriname which is in South America. Located north of Brazil between the countries of Guyana and French Guiana." I don't think so, unless you are a Jeopardy playin, geography whiz. Granted the likelihood of someone asking you that is most likly slim to none, but just go with me on this. So, I decided that I would re-learn every country in the world, and it's capital, plus brush up on where it is located. So this is what I have so far....I've done South and Central America.

Here's a quick quiz for you guys...(and no looking up in your atlas!)

Can you name the capitals?
Venezuela
Costa Rica
Brazil
Colombia
Argentina
Nicaragua

No comments: