Let's see....what has gone on since last time.
The month of February seemed to be a busy 28 days. From the beginning of the month until the end, it seemed I had something constantly going on or planned for almost every weekend. Here are few of the highlights I guess. For Valentine's Day, I planned a scavenger hunt for Matt. I was proud of how it turned out. We went to a few different places being led by clues I gave him, and I since I hardly ever pay, I was nice and bought him dinner-ha. I think he liked everything. He especially liked the Cards tickets (all inclusive!) :) We also saw the movie "Valentine's Day" that weekend. What a dud....I did not like it at all. My attention went to zero after about the first 15 minutes of the movie. Oh well...I didn't expect it to be an Oscar winner anyway.
The end of the February, I went with Matt to the farm show in Memphis. It's been quite a while since I've been to the farm show (was I 12,13 or 14?), but I'll have to say that not much has changed. From my perspective, as someone not needing to buy corn or soybean seed or not interested in new polypipe or a new implement, they have the same farm show giveaway essentials that any child or female along for the weekend ride, is sure to pick up. Notepads...check. Pens...check. Pencils....check. Candy...check. You get the picture :) I do think the show is bigger though now, but then it seemed bigger to me when I was young as well. Maybe because I was younger back then? Anyway, it was a fun weekend with lots of yummy meals via The Butcher Shop, The Rendezvous, and Benihanas. I think I'm still feeling the results of my carb overload from the trip. Good times though.
I also finished one of my last 4 classes for my MBA in February. I was very pleased with this class and my performance and I learned a lot more about finance and managing finances. I've now got my investing game plan on and I'm ready to take some of my little stash and better myself for retirement. I'm really excited about it. Matt's big into all this stuff, so he's been kind of answering questions and giving me ideas. I'm gonna talk with good ol' Edward Jones in the next few weeks though :)
Lastly, how about those olympics?!?! I didn't consistently watch, but the things I did watch were awesome! My favorites where mainly in the alpine events, but I did enjoy the fact that the US made it to the finals in hockey (even though I didn't watch). The half pipe in snowboarding was probably my favorite though. Those athletes have to be gymnasts as well and it is very impressive. Nice showing for the US though...lots of medals!
March March March.......well March has had quite a few surprises thus far. The biggest being me losing my job. For the shorter version of this story, I basically lost my job because I couldn't be afforded. It was quite a surprise to me and very frustrating. Actually, my hours had already been drastically reduced, but I was not under the impression I would be fully terminated. Well I was wrong, and never assume. (This all happened last week so it's still pretty fresh). But no worries, I've sent out my resumes, I'm positive and I already have some things in the works. First, I will be taking over my sister-in-law's job as an optometrist for the Southeast Missouri Health Network. I will be visiting about 5 area clinics one time per month seeing low t0 no income individuals. I think it will be good and a learning experience. The second thing is that I will be working for my sister-in-law one day per week very soon. I am so very excited about this!! The other few days of the week are still in the process of being filled with work....I'm still talking to some other options, so I'll keep you posted :) Moral of this story though....God always finds a way to take care of you and provide ways/avenues for you to make it work. I'm thankful for both of these opportunities, and please pray that everything works out for me.
Things to look forward to in March:
-warm weather.....SPRING SPRING SPRING!!! I love it!
-upcoming birthdays of sweet and wonderful people I know.......my brother Wes(the big 3-2), my best friend Hayley, my friend Callie, my friend Nick, several relatives jncluding Robyn, Laura, Brian, John Michael (am I missing anyone?.......just found out that I did miss some folks....Kelly, Crystal....I have so many family members with March birthdays..tough to keep up), Callan Bridges (2!)
-MARCH MADNESS!!!! I'll be filling my bracket out! What about you????
-the end of March because then BASEBALL SEASON BEGINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Cards!
I will try to post some pictures on here sometime soon of various things :)
10 years ago
1 comment:
Yes post pictures! I miss seeing your face! Thanks for Callan's birthday shout out! I would say she is excited but she still doesn't get it. She can say "2" though! I didn't know the job was gone completely! I'm proud of your positive attitude though. You're right, God has a great plan for you! Miss you!
Post a Comment