

This post is devoted 100% to the Magster...
As a lot of you know, prior to my jump to AL, I got a puppy. I have wanted a Weimaraner for the longest time and decided that post-graduation, and with my move to a new place, I was ready to become a puppy mom. So, I used some of my graduation bucks and bought my dog. I had thought long and hard prior to getting her about what her name would be. Maggie popped in my head and so she was Maggie before I ever saw her. Well, I don't know if some of you know much about Weimaraners, but they're really pretty dogs. Blue or silver gray is the usual choice in breed color. Mags is a blue. Weimaraners can also have very high spirited personalities...Mags is becoming this. Weimaraners also get rather large...Mags is in the process...23 lbs at 11 1/2 weeks. Weimaraners are also very loyal and loving...Mags is 100% a sweet girl.
Well, after being a dog mom for about a month in a half, I can honestly say that I have become one of "those people." Growing up my family never had a dog in the house. We were outside dog people. We had a little weenie dog for a while, and we always had hunting dogs. I made the executive decision that Maggie would be inside with me. My buddy and watch dog if you will. Well, what I mean by "those people" is this. I've become one of those types that a)talks in a baby voice to their pet, ie: said in baby voice, "thas a goood gurl maggie"; b)treats their pet as if it were a real child; c)becomes worried/hysterical/and pathetically highly emotional when something could be wrong with their pet; d)feels that their dog is the absolute smartest dog in the world; and finally e)talks about their dog as if it were a real child. Yes, my dog has basically consumed a very large part of my life. I now understand how "those people" fall into this type of thinking. When you have a puppy who depends on you for feeding, to turn the door knob so they can go out the backdoor to pee/poop, and who looks at you with big blue puppy dog eyes....you get absolutely smitten. I can't help it. She gets all excited when I come home. Wags her tail about 90 miles an hour...it's so sweet. Who knows maybe I need to get more of a life?
Anyway...here's my top 5 favorite things that Maggie does in all her "Mag-a-liciousness."
1. Have you ever watched ballroom dancing? If you have then you have seen the "Quick-Step." I'm convinced Mags could do the dog version of the quick step. When we walk in the park she's so light and fluffy on her feet....looks like the quick step. (if you're laughing at how dumb this sounds, go ahead).
2. When there's dew on the grass, or after it's rained, Maggie hunches down low to the ground and walks real fast licking the water off the grass. It's like her tongue can't lap enough drops of rain off the lawn. It makes me think of Fred Flinstone's dinosaur lawn mower...remember the dinosaur chomped the grass? Mags hunches down like that and licks...it's really funny.
3. She's SO clumsy....imagine Bambi when he first stood. This is Maggie trying to stand up on my kitchen floor.
4. She plays 100%, full throttle, run as hard as you can, will barrel me over for her quacking mallard duck. Though away from Southeast MO...I'm still giving her the flyway education she needs to really be a Howard.
5. Mags follows me everywhere....she will barely eat, drink, or do her business without my overlooking her for approval....thus, she's my shadow.
As a lot of you know, prior to my jump to AL, I got a puppy. I have wanted a Weimaraner for the longest time and decided that post-graduation, and with my move to a new place, I was ready to become a puppy mom. So, I used some of my graduation bucks and bought my dog. I had thought long and hard prior to getting her about what her name would be. Maggie popped in my head and so she was Maggie before I ever saw her. Well, I don't know if some of you know much about Weimaraners, but they're really pretty dogs. Blue or silver gray is the usual choice in breed color. Mags is a blue. Weimaraners can also have very high spirited personalities...Mags is becoming this. Weimaraners also get rather large...Mags is in the process...23 lbs at 11 1/2 weeks. Weimaraners are also very loyal and loving...Mags is 100% a sweet girl.
Well, after being a dog mom for about a month in a half, I can honestly say that I have become one of "those people." Growing up my family never had a dog in the house. We were outside dog people. We had a little weenie dog for a while, and we always had hunting dogs. I made the executive decision that Maggie would be inside with me. My buddy and watch dog if you will. Well, what I mean by "those people" is this. I've become one of those types that a)talks in a baby voice to their pet, ie: said in baby voice, "thas a goood gurl maggie"; b)treats their pet as if it were a real child; c)becomes worried/hysterical/and pathetically highly emotional when something could be wrong with their pet; d)feels that their dog is the absolute smartest dog in the world; and finally e)talks about their dog as if it were a real child. Yes, my dog has basically consumed a very large part of my life. I now understand how "those people" fall into this type of thinking. When you have a puppy who depends on you for feeding, to turn the door knob so they can go out the backdoor to pee/poop, and who looks at you with big blue puppy dog eyes....you get absolutely smitten. I can't help it. She gets all excited when I come home. Wags her tail about 90 miles an hour...it's so sweet. Who knows maybe I need to get more of a life?
Anyway...here's my top 5 favorite things that Maggie does in all her "Mag-a-liciousness."
1. Have you ever watched ballroom dancing? If you have then you have seen the "Quick-Step." I'm convinced Mags could do the dog version of the quick step. When we walk in the park she's so light and fluffy on her feet....looks like the quick step. (if you're laughing at how dumb this sounds, go ahead).
2. When there's dew on the grass, or after it's rained, Maggie hunches down low to the ground and walks real fast licking the water off the grass. It's like her tongue can't lap enough drops of rain off the lawn. It makes me think of Fred Flinstone's dinosaur lawn mower...remember the dinosaur chomped the grass? Mags hunches down like that and licks...it's really funny.
3. She's SO clumsy....imagine Bambi when he first stood. This is Maggie trying to stand up on my kitchen floor.
4. She plays 100%, full throttle, run as hard as you can, will barrel me over for her quacking mallard duck. Though away from Southeast MO...I'm still giving her the flyway education she needs to really be a Howard.
5. Mags follows me everywhere....she will barely eat, drink, or do her business without my overlooking her for approval....thus, she's my shadow.
6 comments:
Maggie is soooo cute!!! I can't wait to meet her! We were "those people" with our Maggie. They are just awesome!
I love the new blog! My sister-in-law is very talented. What a treat for her to share a little of that with you. It is rockin'!
That is all you in the doggie world! HA! I am not an animal person AT ALL! But she is cute. :)
I love Maggie already and I really love her name. However, I'm a bit worried about this dog mom that you've become. Just please don't start taking her to doggie daycare or get a sling to carry her around in (not that you could for very long anyway). Those kind of people freak me out. Like the girl I work with whose dogs are named Luke and Lily Grace. I want to tell her that the dogs are not actual children, but I don't think she'd understand.
And after writing all of that, I remembered that Rachel and I had a memorial service for our pet fish (dear, dear Carthel. May he rest in peace.) AND made it a facebook event. And there have been multiple blog posts completely dedicated to him. So I guess I don't really have much room to talk.
By "those people", are you refering to me and Kermie? haha
kermie, kermie, kermie :)
Post a Comment