



So this weekend my parents came down from good ol' Missouri for a visit. I was so excited to have family! But what I didn't know was that my 10 year-old niece Kalee was also along for the trek. She completely surprised me!!! She is my absolute favorite person and I miss her SO MUCH! It was the best surprise I could have received and little Miss Sneaky Mc Sneakerson was such a treat to have...I'm so glad my little buddy came to visit me :)
Saturday we decided to go to Huntsville to the U.S. Space Center and Museum. It's almost like a given, that if you live in Alabama you must 1) choose your team...Bama or Auburn (I have opted to choose neither and continue to support the Razorbacks, though I've been recently harassed for it) and 2) visit the Space Center. I must say that after an afternoon of looking and learning, it has solidified why I have never ever wanted to go into space. I admire astronauts and think their job is cool, but you couldn't pay me enough money to do what they do. The first thing we did in the museum was get into the cockpit of an Apollo replica. That thing was so stinkin' tiny, I was feeling a bit claustrophobic. Not to mention it was kind of eerie. The huge control panel with all the buttons is right above you and there's this huge "red button." You know the infamous "red button" that's on all important control panels and machinery. The kind of red button that you always want to push, but know you shouldn't. Well, here was this huge red button that I could easily push because nothing was going to happen, but it was so eerie in there that I couldn't. I know, really strange and not to mention absurd of me to think that, but it just was.
The space center was pretty cool though. The Saturn was massive....never seen anything of that magnitude up close. It was a really cool experience plus it makes me think about how amazing God is. When you walk through and see all the stuff about the Earth, solar system, space, galaxies....it's crazy to think and wrap your head around that we are just a flea sized part of God's masterpiece. He created EVERYTHING and when you're put in a position to think beyond our towns, states, country, and even planet, you feel so insignificant. The afternoon was a constant reminder at how awesome and amazing and really smart our God is :)
Oh and side note....I did better this time...when my family left I didn't cry until after they drove down the street (they didn't even see me). A much better improvement from the first time when I bawled the 15 minutes before and the 30 minutes after they left. I'm growing up to become a big girl! :)
4 comments:
Sounds like you had a great time! I have no desire to go into space either. I have enough trouble here on earth.
Glad that you had a good time with the fam. It is okay to cry a bit when they leave, even when you are a big girl.
Come to see us sometime!
Love,
Aunt Frances
Katie, I'm so glad you had a good visit and I'm so glad I got to meet the people I've heard so much about. I can't wait to meet your sister-in-law next weekend! Hope to see you soon!
It has been several days since I read your blog. I was glad to see you had a nice time with family at the Space Center.
Don read about your dog and said, "I know just how she feels." Enjoy her - she is beautiful!
Aunt Dana
You look hot in the space suit! Maybe when you get done getting your MBA you should go to school and become an astronaut!
Post a Comment