Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Workin 9 to 5, What a Way to Make a Living...

Okay, so not really 9 to 5...actually 8 to 5...and really not much "work" just yet. However, yesterday was officially my first day of work. I did not see any patients, nor am I today, but got into the groove of my new office with the flow of how things work. I did get to do an exam on a staff member (my first exam since May....ahh), but I wasn't as rusty as I thought I'd be. I think I'm really going to like my office. Thus far, everyone has been very nice and very efficient. Plus, I can tell that the people of the community who come to Florence Eye Center are very satisfied and really like our office. This was easily seen by observing the patients....I'm VERY EXCITED about what has been done here and what will be continued in the future.

Plus, on another good note...I found out when I got home that I passed my Alabama boards!!! I knew it was coming this week, and I was pretty nervous about it. I'm not the best test taker, plus I didn't feel to solid about one of the sections on the test. There's been a gray cloud hanging over that particular area the past few weeks and I've just pushed it aside and not really thought about it. But yesterday it came full circle and I was about to throw up as I opened my mailbox. Of course it was there....and the results were SO UPLIFTING!!! So a perfect ending to a perfect first day :)!!!!

Oh, and excitement and good wishes continue to go out to my sister in laws, Jennifer and Bonnie. Jennifer is planning on opening her office back home in Dexter on the 25th of this month, with Bonnie as her office manager/optician. Much work has been done and is still occuring in her office and I know that it will all come together perfectly....they are going to do great and I'm very proud of them!!!

2 comments:

Robyn said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I never had any doubts! I'm so glad you are liking your office and the people you are working with. I know that can make all the difference.
Love,
Robyn

Jenni said...

Hey Katie! Your place looks great! What's wrong--you didn't like the flower wallpaper? I love the colors you chose! I am glad it has been a good experience!
Jenni