Thursday, November 6, 2008

Factoids

1. About 85% of household warning labels are inadequate. (scary!)
2. Early Romans used porcupine quills as toothpicks.
3. Maine is the toothpick capital of the world. (porcupines are endangered here).
4. Post-It-Notes, which are adhesive notes, were invented while looking for a way to improve the acrylate adhesive found in tapes. (First of all, I like how this fact explains what a post-it-note is. Secondly, do you all know who invented post-it-notes? Callie, you should definitely get this one.)
5. Soldier Field is the oldest field in the NFL. (I actually knew this one. Learned it on the Wendella Boat Tour while in Chicago.)

7 comments:

Scarlett said...

'Toot picks"???? HA! I know that was a typo! Priceless!

Julie Young said...

Who invented post-it-notes???

Will and Melodie said...

That's hilarious. I didn't even realize you wrote tootpicks. Will would love using the quills as one. He grabs anything he can find...usually a straw! Thanks for my weekend smartness!

Kimberly said...

Who? Romy and Michele??

Anonymous said...

I love your blog and am learning so much from it. Keep up the good work!

Aunt Frances

Ashlee said...

Will there be a quiz on all of this at the end of the semester?

Katie said...

You are correct Kimberly...Romy and Michelle of course :) And I realized I typed tootpicks...the english nerd in me had to correct, though it is more funny in its original form :)