Thursday, October 2, 2008

50 Things About Me

I saw where some people had posted something like this before, so for new friends (and out of complete boredom) I thought I'd give it a go too.

1. I was born in Memphis, TN.
2. I have 2 older brothers: Wes, 30; David, 26
3. I can play the piano (lessons for 9 years) and the guitar (but don't hold out for Hendrix or anything).
4. I am extremely terrified of suffocating (weird I know).
5. I have a 4 mos old Weimaraner pup named Maggie (or the Magster/Magalicious).
6. I have only been out of the country once (Tanzania, Africa).
7. I don't have a batchelor's degree.
8. I love to rollerblade :)
9. I would LOVE to be in a musical.
10. Top 5 places I will someday visit: 1. Scotland, 2. Argentina, 3. Fiji, 4. Alaska, 5. Italy
11. I like to/and actually can cook (mainly because I have my mom's genes!).
12. I want to go back to Disney World (haven't been since I was a kid).
13. I have never broken a bone.
14. I like to play games (board games, card games, video games, etc.)
15. I didn't have a car until I graduated high school. It was a 1996 Toyota Camry that I loved!!!
16. A year later, I wrecked it....flipped it upside down into a ditch.
17. My least favorite class in college was organic chemistry (sorry Jennifer).
18. I was the "matchmaker" for my brother and his wife (she was my roommate in optometry school!).
19. I have been to 22/50 states and would like to visit all of them.
20. I lived and worked on a military base in Hawaii for 2 mos last winter/spring (it was for school).
21. I used to be TERRIFIED of the ocean. But after Hawaii, I'm much better.
22. My favorite exotic animal is a giraffe.
23. I really like the outdoors.
24. I was student body president in high school.
25. I have no problem singing in front of people and LOVE to karaoke! (whether it sounds bad or good).
26. I like to dance (too bad I'm not famous and couldn't be on Dancing With the Stars...that would be awesome!).
27. I have a crush on Anderson Cooper (silver fox!). It used to be worse...I once watched AC 360 every night, but not much anymore. However, I do own and have read his book.
28. I would like to learn to play golf (again). I took Jr. golf for a bit as a kid, but would like to reattempt.
29. I can spread my toes out really far and pick things up with them.
30. Jobs I have had: lifeguard, waitress, preschool teacher/lunch lady, advertising sales, and Saturday mornings at a optometrist's office while I was in optometry school.
31. I really like flowers: planting them, growing them, receiving them.
32. I am working (along with my 2 sis-n-laws) on reading the top 100 novels ever written (there's a list).
33. I am scared of some heights...but not all.
34. If I wasn't an optometrist, I'd be a high school English teacher.
35. My favorite childhood book was "The Story of Ping" (about a little Chinese duck on the Yantze River).
36. I hope to learn to shoot a bow.
37. I once could sing the entire song of "Frosty the Snowman" in French.
38. I have been deer hunting with my dad since I was little and have never seen a deer. I am now determined to one day see and kill one.
39. I am quite organized and I tend to be a planner.
40. I really like to do home improvements and like to do these by myself (until I need help, then I usually ask for it!).
41. I love movies...renting, going to...either one is great.
42. I could live off cereal.
43. I have had 2 speeding tickets (1 in AR and 1 in MO).
44. I like to cut people's hair....trim, layer, cut bangs, etc.....and for no training, I'm actually not too bad at it.
45. I wish I would have invented Guitar Hero.
46. My family used to grow cotton, soybeans, watermelons, and cantalopes.....dad was a farmer.
47. I know the scientific names of several trees (nerdy). ie: Post Oak...Quercus stellata;
48. I like things to be CLEAN!
49. I once clucked like a chicken on the ordering microphone at Burger King to get a discount on my food....it saved me a buck!
50. My deep down, cheesy wishful thinking, if-I-could-be-anything dream would be to become a country singer/songwriter/musician.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

katie! that's so interesting. i've been looking for someone to travel with FOREVER, so i'll go to italy or any of the other states you haven't visited with you because i have never been out of the southeast. also, i need a haircut. :) i'm excited about next week. we'll talk soon.

Julie Young said...

I just learned a lot about you!

Scarlett said...

Oh my goodness, Katie, we have so much in common! Oh, and John's got a homemade bow shooting range for deer in our back yard (you might be a redneck if....) and we have deer back there a LOT! I play piano, took 4 years of French, wish that life could be one big musical, and used to cut my friends' hair in the upstairs bathroom of our old house aka "The Scarlett O 'Hair'a Salon!" We have lots to talk about now!

Katie said...

hahaha...that's so funny Scarlett!!! Actually though, I took 3 years of Spanish, but I was in this enrichment program in elementary school and learned the Frosty song in French...that with counting is the extent of my francais :)